Appeared in 42 games (25 starts) in 4 years (2017-20) at Louisiana and recorded 527 carries for 3,267 yds. and 41 TDs to go along with 49 recepts. for 597 yds. and 5 TDs. As a senior in 2020, appeared in 10 games (9 starts) and recorded 141 carries for 878 yds. and 8 TDs and 1 recept. for 153 yds. and earned First-Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors. Appeared in all 14 games 3 starts) as a junior in 2019 and registered 198 rushes for a career-high 1,147 yds. and 16 TDs to go along with 10 recepts. for 70 yds. and 1 TD and was named First-Team All-Louisiana. Started all 13 games as a sophomore in 2018 and recorded 985 rushing yds. on 146 carries and 13 TDs and 20 recepts. for 349 yds. and 3 TDs. As a freshman in 2017, appeared in 5 games and rushed 42 times for 257 yds. and 4 TDs and added 3 recepts. for 25 yds. and 1 TD through the air.
- Attended Erath (LA) HS where he recorded 1,903 rushing yds. and 28 TDs his senior season. Finished his high school career with 457 carries for 4,045 yds. and 50 TDs in 3 seasons.
- Majored in general studies at Louisiana.
- Son of Milton and Penny Mitchell.
- Born Elijah Mitchell (5/2/98) in Erath, LA.
MITCHELL'S GOLDEN NUGGETS
- Led his team to a win in the final game of the 2020 season, and dedicated the feat to the late Coach Looney, their offensive line coach who died of a heart attack during an August team workout shortly before the start of preseason camp. On what would have been coach Looney's 32nd birthday, Mitchell and the offense ran the ball for 265 rushing yards to cement the victory. "It was very important (to end the season with a win), man," said Mitchell. "We've been through so much with coach Looney, with just everything going on," Mitchell said, "and we just put it in our minds that we just wanted this year to be great, no matter what the circumstances."
- Prides himself on being known as a tough, hardworking run- ning back and earned that reputation amongst his teammates and coaches at Louisiana. "Those moments make you feel pretty good," Mitchell said. "It means that the coaches trust you with the ball when it is crunch time. It makes you feel like you are a playmaker and someone the team can count on when things get tough."
Meet the Rookies: Which Teammate are the Rookies Most Excited to Meet?
In the third installment of Meet the Rookies, presented by Zenni, the 49ers rookie class discussed which teammates they are most excited to meet and shared what fans can expect from them on the field.
Meet the Rookies: Who Were the Rookie's Favorite Athletes Growing Up?
From Shaq to Champ Bailey, the team's rookie class shared the athletes they looked up to in the second episode of the 49ers Meet the Rookies series, presented by Zenni.
Meet the Rookies: What Do the 49ers Rookies Know About The Bay?
In the first episode of the 49ers Meet the Rookies series, presented by Zenni, the team's rookie class discussed a few of the things they are looking forward to after moving to the Bay Area.
Elijah Mitchell Details his Eagerness to Play Under Coach Bobby Turner
Mitchell discussed his excitement for the upcoming rookie minicamp, the familiarity between the 49ers and Louisiana-Lafayette offense and detailed his budding relationship with running backs coach Bobby Turner.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the 49ers 2021 NFL Draft
From the draft stage in Cleveland to the war room in Santa Clara, follow along as the 49ers selected eight new players to the red and gold.