Effective Date: November 1, 2018
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.*
1. Types of Information That May Be Collected*
To access and use the Services, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, or when you sign up for contests or sweepstakes, sign up for email subscriptions, use a send-to-friend feature, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
· Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
· Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
· Demographic information, such as gender;
· Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
· Communications preferences;
· Search queries;
· Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
· Correspondence and other information that you send to us;
· Favorite player; and
· Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
· Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
· Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
· Your browser type and operating system;
· Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
· Pages you view and links you click on within the Services, including articles, videos, and photo galleries viewed;
· Your 49er-related activity on social networking services (see Section 4 (Social Networking Services) for more information)
· Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies;
· Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
· Geolocation information;
· Standard web server log Information which may include request and response information (IP address, pages requested and served, date and time of requests and responses, cookies sent and set, etc.); .
Cookies are small bits of code that are stored by your computer’s web browser and that may automatically identify your browser to the Services whenever your computer is used to visit the Services. Pixel tags are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as "web beacons" or "clear GIFs,” that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
We may also automatically receive information when you interact with one of our venues or merchants and combine this data with information we already have about you. Such information may include the games you attend and the time of entry, and your spending at Levi’s Stadium, on the 49ers.com website or at an affiliate store. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you provide us personal information about others, for example, through a send-to-friend feature, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
· Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
· Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
· Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties’;
· Provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
· Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
· Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
· As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may use aggregated information and/or other de-identified information with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations for any reason at our sole discretion.**
3. Sharing of Information**
· Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, develop our websites or mobile apps, or send communications for us). These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to perform these services for us.
· Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the NFL family, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., and NFL Ventures, Inc.
· Select Business Partners: We may share your personal information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain personal information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your personal information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
· Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services:We may use third-parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites. To manage your preferences you may opt out by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
· Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
· Interactive Features: We may share information with third parties when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features.
· Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, we may ask your permission to publicly post certain information on the Services identifying you as the winner.
· Aggregate and De-identified Information: We may share aggregate information and/or other de-identified information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other third parties for any reason at our sole discretion.
We may also allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
4. Social Networking Services
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect your IP address, your activities on our Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These third-party social networking services may also notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
6. Links To Other Web Sites
7. Mobile Application
When you download and use our mobile application, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID"). We may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
We collect your geolocation based information for the purpose of providing you relevant information based upon your location, including gameday information. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. We may share your geolocation data with third parties for promotional purposes or other purposes relevant to your location, including gameday information. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of geolocation-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
We may work in conjunction with third party partners who may use technologies such as geofencing and beacons to identify fans attending a game, and contact fans via an in-app feature in order to provide a better stadium experience. To opt-out of geofencing, you may disable the app’s location permissions on your device.
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
The website is a general audience website. However, we do collect information about children under 13 from parents so they may sign their child up for our 49ers Crib Club and 49ers Kids Club (the “Kids Clubs”). The information we collect is your child’s name, date of birth and the address provided by a parent, guardian or purchaser of Kids Clubs memberships. We use this information to allow you to sign your child up for the Kids Clubs and for you to receive merchandise as a part of the Kids Clubs memberships, for your child. If you no longer wish to allow your child to be part of the Kids Clubs or wish to delete all information collected about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.We will not share your child’s personal information with any third party for any reason. If you feel we have collected personal information from your child directly, please contact us at email@example.com to request immediate deletion of that information.
The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the Direct Marketing Association’s Web Website (http://www.the-dma.org/) and explore the Get CyberSavvy! Program as well as the GetNetWise Website (http://www.getnetwise.org/) to learn more about parental control tools.
11. Access, Choice and Retention
You may receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial emails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
If your information changes, you would like to determine whether we hold personal information about you or, you no longer desire to use the Services, you may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by signing into your account (if any) and making the required changes, by updating us at http://www.49ers.com/about-us/contact-us.html, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, via our website at http://www.49ers.com/about-us/contact-us.html, or write us at:
San Francisco 49ers
Attn: Privacy Officer/Legal Affairs
4949 Marie P. DeBartolo Way
Santa Clara, CA 95054
In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
13. California Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
14. International Users
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
15. Contact Us
San Francisco 49ers
Attn: Privacy Officer/Legal Affairs
4949 Marie P. DeBartolo Way
Santa Clara, CA 95054