Appeared in 39 (13 starts) games in four years (2017-20) at Michigan and recorded 54 tackles, 3.5 TFLs, 9 PDs, 5 FRs, 4 INTs and 1 FF. Also added 39 KORs for 808 yds. (20.7
avg.) on special teams. Elected to opt-out of the 2020 season. As a junior in 2019, started all 13 games and registered 38 tackles, 7 PDs, 3.0 TFLs, 3 INTs and 2 FRs. On special teams,
recorded 19 KORs for 412 yds. (21.7 avg.). Appeared n all 13 games as a sophomore in 2018, and recorded 9 tackles, 2 PDs, 1 INT and 1 FR. Appeared in all 13 games as a freshman in 2017 and registered 7 tackles, 0.5 TFL, 2 FRs and 1 FF along with 20 KORs for 396 yds. (19.8 avg.) on special teams.
- Attended Martin Luther King (Detroit, MI) HS where he led the team to consecutive Michigan Division 2 state championships in 2015 and 2016, including a 12-2 overall record during his senior year in 2016.
- Son of Jermaine and Carmen Thomas
- Born Ambry Thomas (9/9/99) in Detroit, MI.
THOMAS' GOLDEN NUGGETS
- After dreaming of playing together in high school, cousin Jaylen Kelly Powell joined Thomas at Michigan to be teammates on the Wolverines squad. "We've been playing with each other all our life," Thomas said of Powell. "In Little League, we played Detroit Dolphins together. We were supposed to play at the same high school together, which was (Martin Luther) King, but he went to Cass (Technical). Every time I play him I act like I don't know him."
- Won two state championships at Martin Luther King (Detroit, MI) HS, which he and his teammates cite as honoring his late high school coach, Dale Harvel.
Ambry Thomas: 'I'm Looking Forward to Being A Part of this Family'
The 49ers third-round pick shared his first impressions of the SAP Performance Facility and discussed how he fits into the 49ers defensive scheme.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the 49ers 2021 NFL Draft
From the draft stage in Cleveland to the war room in Santa Clara, follow along as the 49ers selected eight new players to the red and gold.
Getting to Know 49ers CB Ambry Thomas
Thomas spoke about cornerbacks he models his game after, his personality on and off the field and what fans can expect from him on Sundays.
Ambry Thomas Shares What He Brings to 49ers CB Room
Thomas discussed his pre-draft process before landing with the 49ers on Day 2 of the 2021 NFL Draft and spoke about emulating Richard Sherman on the field.