The 2023 NFL Draft begins on Thursday, April 27. However, for the San Francisco 49ers, the selection process will begin a day later in Round 3 and most of the team's picks are scheduled for the final day of the draft. As it stands, the team has a total of 11 draft picks beginning with pick No. 99.
At this year's NFL Scouting Combine, general manager John Lynch outlined the team's goals heading into the draft. With the core of the 49ers roster remaining intact, depth has been highlighted as San Francisco's biggest priority. As it stands, the 49ers will make four selections in the seventh round, picks No. 222, 247, 253 and 255, providing four opportunities to help fortify the team's positions of need.
"The draft sets up well with the way we are positioned this year... To me, the blue chip players, there aren't as many this year, but there is good depth," Lynch said. "I think there is good value, and we seem to do well at pick 100 and back. We're in our sweet spot. We've got to make them count."
Here's a list of the San Francisco 49ers seventh-round draftees on the 2023 roster:
- Jauan Jennings, 217th pick, 2020 NFL Draft
- Brock Purdy, 262nd pick, 2022 NFL Draft
Notable San Francisco 49ers alumni drafted in the seventh round:
- Trent Brown, 244th pick, 2015 NFL Draft
- Larry Grant, 214th pick, 2008 NFL Draft
- Eric Heitmann, 239th pick, 2002 NFL Draft
- Brian Jennings, 230th pick, 2000 NFL Draft
- Fred Quillan, 175th pick, 1978 NFL Draft