- 2 Open Nature® chicken breasts (about 1 ¼ lbs)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1-inch thick rounds fresh pineapple
- 1 small jalapeño (seeds removed)
- 1/4 medium red onion (sliced thick for grilling)
- 1 Tbs lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper (1/4-inch julienne cut)
- 8 corn tortillas
- cilantro leaves
- fresh lime wedges
- sour cream or plain yogurt
Preheat grill to medium heat (350º-400º.) Season chicken with cumin, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Grill for 8-12 minutes, or until internal temperature of 160º is reached. Remove and cover with foil. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
Grill pineapple, red onion and jalapeño 5-8 minutes, until slightly charred. Remove and dice into 1/4-inch pieces. Add lime juice and salt. Set aside.
Warm tortillas on grill, about 30 seconds per side. To assemble tacos, add chicken, red bell pepper and salsa. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.