Day 7 is in the books as the San Francisco 49ers wrapped up practice on Thursday. The team will practice on Friday before taking a day off on Saturday. Thursday's session was cut a bit short as it's evident that the grind of camp is starting to take its toll. Here's what you need to know.
1. Seven players were given recovery days: Richard Sherman, Jerick McKinnon, Malcolm Smith, Joe Staley, Pierre Garçon, Earl Mitchell and DeForest Buckner.
2. Arik Armstead (hamstring), Cole Hikutini (groin), Jimmie Ward (hamstring), Joshua Garnett (knee), J.P. Flynn (knee) and Brock Coyle (hip) did not practice. Ward and Garnett are expected back first among that group. Fred Warner (chest) was wearing a blue no-contact jersey but still practiced in full. Tight end Cole Wick suffered a leg injury and was carted off. No further update was provided.
3. The practice was highlighted by two long connections from Jimmy Garoppolo to Marquise Goodwin. Their chemistry on the deep ball appears to be coming along. The first was a 55-yard bomb off of play action down the left seam. Garoppolo hit Goodwin in stride for what would have been a 75-yard touchdown.
The second play was a 35-yard pass down the left sideline. This time, Goodwin made a leaping catch with Ahkello Witherspoon right on him. As impressive as Goodwin's speed is, what's more encouraging is how much his hands have improved. Those key drops early last season feel like a distant past.
4. Max McCaffrey, Aldrick Robinson and Goodwin impressed in 1-on-1s. Ahkello Witherspoon and Tarvarius Moore showed well on the defensive side of the football.
5. Joe Williams and Matt Breida both flashed on Thursday. They each had a few nice runs as did Breida. Breida also added a few receptions as the team's No. 1 running back with McKinnon sitting out.
6. Greg Mabin and Moore had impressive pass breakups during team drills. Moore seems to always be matched up against McCaffrey. There were multiple times where the rookie corner recovered nicely after initially getting beat on deep routes.
7. Kyle Juszczyk found a nice hole and took a fullback dive for a sizeable gain. He also had a reception over the middle and absorbed a big hit from Warner. Juszczyk just got the wind knocked out of him and was just fine. Robert Saleh said post practice that the hit was accidental.
8. Adrian Colbert had another pick six against Garoppolo. This time, it wasn't the QBs fault. Jimmy G fired a perfect pass to Kendrick Bourne, just over the outstretched arm of Jaquiski Tartt. Bourne couldn't secure the pass as it bounced off his hands and into Colbert's arms.
9. C.J. Beathard had two long completions. His first was a deep throw towards the left sideline to George Kittle, who was running a corner route. He later found Robinson on a play action rollout down the right sideline. Robinson made a sliding catch to secure the football.