The San Francisco 49ers have concluded their final practice before Thursday's preseason opener. Tuesday's session will be followed by a walkthrough on Wednesday as the team prepares for the Dallas Cowboys. There wasn't much to be gleaned from the practice, but there were several highlight-reel plays. Here's the best of the best from Tuesday.
1. Aldrick Robinson had his best practice of camp, catching two touchdowns during team drills. The first came during a two-minute drill. Jimmy Garoppolo found Robinson on a corner route for a 26-yard score. It was a perfectly placed ball from Garoppolo right over Robinson's shoulder. The two connected again during the ensuing team period on a 70-yard touchdown. Garoppolo chucked it 65 yards downfield to a wide open Robinson.
2. Jerick Mckinnon opened practice with two solid runs. Joe Williams also broke free for a big gain on one play.
3. Garoppolo delivered a nice sideline pass to Marquise Goodwin off of play action for a 25-yard gain. C.J. Beathard followed with a similar throw to the same sideline to Cole Hikutini.
4. Dante Pettis beat Jaquiski Tartt deep down the left sideline but Garoppolo overthrew him. Pettis and Garoppolo were unable to connect on a few tries.
5. Malcolm Smith and Sheldon Day each had a would-be sack.
6. For as nice as some of Garoppolo's throws were, he also had a few head scratchers. Ahkello Witherspoon and Greg Mabin both missed surefire interceptions on the day. Witherspoon broke up another one of Garoppolo's passes intended for George Kittle.
7. DeForest Buckner continues to get work rushing from the edge. He got one pressure (maybe would have been a sack) from that spot on Tuesday. Buckner's movement around the defensive line is something to monitor.
8. Matt Breida took a screen pass from Garoppolo for a big gain.
9. Robbie Gould kicked field goals for the first time this training camp. He went 5-for-6. He was good from 33 yards (twice), 40 yards, 45 yards and 48 yards. He missed from 33 yards. This has been your 49ers kicking update. (Update: Upon film review, Gould went 6-for-6. Sincere apologies to Mr. Gould.)
10. Nick Mullens completed long passes to Cole Hikutini and Steven Dunbar. Hikutini had a nice day overall with two receptions from Garoppolo during the two-minute drill.
11. Rookie safety Terrell Williams came up with the day's lone takeaway, an interception of Beathard during the two-minute drill. Beathard was looking for Victor Bolden, but Williams jumped the route.