Appeared in 24 (21 starts) games in 3 years (2018-20) at USC and recorded 203 tackles, 16.5 TFLs, 12 PDs, 6.5 sacks, 4 INTs and 4 FFs. As a junior in 2020, started all 6 games and registered 62 tackles, 5.5 TFLs, 5 PDs, 4 INTs, 3.0 sacks and 2 FFs. Started all 10 games in which he appeared as a sophomore in 2019 and recorded 90 tackles, 7.5 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, 3 PDs and 2 FFs. As a freshman in 2018, appeared in 8 games (5 starts) and hauled in 51 tackles, 4 PDs, and 3.5 TFLs
- Attended Crescent Valley (Corvallis, OR) HS where recorded 44 tackles, 7 TFLs, 4 INTs, 1 FR and 1 FF as a senior in 2017 and was named the Polynesian High School National Player of the Year.
- As a senior, registered 35 recepts. for 696 yds. and 11 TDs and 39 rushes for 490 yds. and 7 rushing TDs on offense.
- Majored in communications at USC.
- Born Talanoa Hufanga (2/1/00) in Corvallis, OR.
HUFANGA'S GOLDEN NUGGETS
- His name is pronounced tal-uh-NOE-uh who-FAWN-guh.
- Grew up on a farm where he and his family looked after goats, cows, chickens, pigs, dogs and cats. On his farm, they would drive dirt bikes and tractors, but taking care of his goat was always his favorite activity. "Growing up on a farm, it's a different kind of childhood I didn't have neighborhood friends to hang out with," he said. "On the weekends it was mandatory that my brother and I were working. We weeded, cleaned the barn, fed the animals, took eggs out of the chicken coop and maintained the pig pens."
- Comes from a family of football players, as brother, T.J., was a linebacker at Oregon State from 2013-14 and cousins Marlon and Tuli Tuipulotu are both defensive linemen at USC.
S Talanoa Hufanga Hopes to 'Make His Mark' Like GM John Lynch
Hufanga discussed his eagerness to contribute on special teams, how Troy Polamalu helped him transition to the Pros and highlighted his likeness to the 49ers Hall of Fame GM.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the 49ers 2021 NFL Draft
From the draft stage in Cleveland to the war room in Santa Clara, follow along as the 49ers selected eight new players to the red and gold.
Getting to Know 49ers S Talanoa Hufanga
Hufanga discussed his initial reaction to being drafted by the 49ers, what he learned training with NFL Hall of Famer Troy Polamalu and his on-field persona.
49ers Call 180th-Overall Pick Talanoa Hufanga
John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan and Jed York welcome Talanoa Hufanga to the 49ers after selecting him with the 180th-overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Talanoa Hufanga Feels 'Blessed' to Be Drafted by the 49ers
Talanoa Hufanga called in for an introductory press conference after being selected by the 49ers with the 180th-overall pick.