It's officially preseason game week here at San Francisco 49ers HQ. Monday marked the 10th practice of 49ers camp as we're just a few days away from Thursday's exhibition contest against the Dallas Cowboys. Here's what you need to know from Monday.
1. Solomon Thomas had a strong day all around. He began with a few standout reps during 1-on-1s against Erik Magnuson. Then during a period where the defense was "losing" and needed a stop, Thomas stuffed Kyle Juszczyk on 3rd-and-short. Finally, Thomas had a would-be sack of Jimmy Garoppolo during one of the final team periods.
2. With Fred Warner (chest) still limited and Brock Coyle (hip) out all together, Malcolm Smith is working as the first-team MIKE linebacker next to Reuben Foster.
3. Practice ended with a bang for the offense. Garoppolo hit Marquise Goodwin in the back corner of the end zone for a 40-yard touchdown on the final snap of the day. The two also connected for a 25-yard completion on a deep crossing route off of play action.
4. DeForest Buckner, Korey Toomer and Sheldon Day had would-be sacks.
5. C.J. Beathard's best throw of practice came on a play-action rollout to his left. He found Garrett Celek deep down the left sideline for a 25-yard gain.
6. Garoppolo hit Pierre Garçon on a few crossing routes for medium gains.
7. Adrian Colbert forced a fumble against Jerick McKinnon.
8. Overall, the 49ers run defense was very impressive. San Francisco's stable of running backs was unable to find much space to operate throughout the practice.
9. There weren't many deep shots taken downfield, but Tyvis Powell did well to keep up with Victor Bolden on one go-route down the right sideline. Beathard couldn't fit in the pass amid the tight coverage.
10. Raheem Mostert had two big receptions, one from Beathard and another from Garoppolo.
11. Foster broke up a pass in coverage on a ball from Garoppolo intended for Aaron Burbridge.