The 2023 NFL Draft begins on Thursday, April 27. However, for the San Francisco 49ers, the selection process will begin a day later in Round 3. As it stands, the team has a total of 11 draft picks beginning with pick No. 99.
At this year's NFL Scouting Combine, general manager John Lynch outlined the team's goals heading into the draft. With the core of the 49ers roster remaining intact, depth has been highlighted as San Francisco's biggest priority. The 49ers are scheduled to make three selections in the third round, picks No. 99, 101 and 102, providing three opportunities to help fortify the team's positions of need.
"The draft sets up well with the way we are positioned this year... To me, the blue chip players, there aren't as many this year, but there is good depth," Lynch said. "I think there is good value, and we seem to do well at pick 100 and back. We're in our sweet spot. We've got to make them count."
Here's a list of the San Francisco 49ers third-round draftees on the 2023 roster:
Notable San Francisco 49ers alumni drafted in the third round:
- NaVorro Bowman, 91st pick, 2010 NFL Draft
- Frank Gore, 65th pick, 2005 NFL Draft
- Terrell Owens, 89th pick, 1996 NFL Draft
- Bill Romanowski, 80th pick, 1988 NFL Draft
- John Taylor, 76th pick, 1986 NFL Draft
- Joe Montana, 82nd pick, 1979 NFL Draft
- Dave Wilcox, 29th pick, 1964 NFL Draft
- Bob St. Clair, 32nd pick, 1953 NFL Draft