Former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo revealed last month that ex-49ers pass rusher Charles Haley had asked him to speak on his behalf should Haley gain entrance to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Now the question becomes: Who would induct Eddie?
Haley and DeBartolo were named among 15 finalists for the Hall's 2014 class.
Between four and seven of the nominees will be enshrined after the Feb. 1 vote takes place. Other finalists include Michael Strahan, Tony Dungy, John Lynch, Walter Jones, Marvin Harrison, Derrick Brooks, Tim Brown and Jerome Bettis.
Also among the 15 is another ex-49ers pass rusher in Kevin Greene, who racked up 10.5 of his 160 career sacks in his lone 1997 campaign in San Francisco.
Haley finished his 13-year career with 100.5 sacks, spending eight seasons with the 49ers.
DeBartolo owned the team during each of its five successful Super Bowl seasons.
- READ: Beat Writer Breakdown on SF-CAR
- READ: Panthers Expect Improved Kaepernick
- VIEW: Wild Card wrap, Divisional Preview in Playoffs Report
- GALLERY: Crabtree's 2013 Season in Shots
- READ: Top Defenses to Meet in Carolina
- READ: Reviewing Teams' Week 10 Matchup at 'Stick
- VIEW: NFC Divisional Round Infographic