The San Francisco 49ers are close to full force as they prepare to depart for Philadelphia on Friday, just two days ahead of the NFC Championship Game versus the Eagles. Only one player, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, was ruled out of Sunday's contest and two others, cornerback Ambry Thomas (ankle) and running back Elijah Mitchell (groin), were listed as questionable on the team's final injury report of the week.
Running back Christian McCaffrey (calf) and wide receiver Deebo Samuel (ankle) avoided injury designations heading into the team's cross-country trip and have been cleared to play in the conference championship.
Although initially expected to miss Wednesday's practice, Samuel was able to work out in a limited capacity for most of the week and went full speed at the end of the week. Meanwhile, McCaffrey made his return to the practice field on Friday afternoon as a full participant. In the running back's address to the media on Thursday, he stressed there was "zero" chance he would be sidelined on Sunday regardless of his practice availability. Rather than go heavy on the physical workload, McCaffrey has been participating in walkthrough and running through plays for a majority of the week to prepare.
"He looked full go," head coach Kyle Shanahan said.
Below is the complete NFC Championship Game Practice Participation and Game Status Report for Friday:
San Francisco 49ers
- Did Not Practice: QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot), RB Elijah Mitchell (groin)
- Limited Participation: CB Ambry Thomas (ankle)
- Full Participation: RB Christian McCaffrey (calf), DL Charles Omenihu (oblique), WR Deebo Samuel (ankle), T Trent Williams (not injury related - resting player)
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) - Out
- CB Ambry Thomas (ankle) - Questionable
- RB Elijah Mitchell (groin) - Questionable
- Limited Participation in Practice: LB T.J. Edwards (ankle)
- Full Participation in Practice: T Lane Johnson (groin), CB Avonte Maddox (toe)
Status Report: No Injury Designations