The San Francisco 49ers return home for their first of consecutive primetime matchups to host the Oakland Raiders on "Thursday Night Football." This Week 9 contest will be the final rendition of the "Battle of the Bay" before the Raiders relocate to Las Vegas.
Here is a preview of the matchup:
Sunday's contest marks the first matchup between the two clubs since 2014.
The 49ers look to tie the overall series between the two teams at seven wins apiece.
San Francisco has won three of its past four matchups against Oakland.
Raiders Key Additions
HC Jon Gruden
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Martavis Bryant
RB Doug Martin
T Kolton Miller
DE Arden Key
Raiders Notes from Last Week
The Raiders fell to 1-6 on the season following a Week 8, 42-28, loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Passing Leader: Derek Carr completed 21-of-28 passes for 244 yards and three touchdowns.
- Rushing Leader: Doug Martin led the Raiders backfield with 72 yards on 13 carries.
- Receiving Leader: Tight end Jared Cook caught four passes for 74 yards and a touchdown.
- Defensive Leader: Marquel Lee led the team with 11 total tackles.
49ers Notes from Last Week
The Arizona Cardinals rallied to beat the 49ers, 18-15, in the final minutes of the Week 8 contest.
- Passing Leader: C.J. Beathard completed 14-of-28 passes for 190 yards and a touchdown.
- Rushing Leader: Matt Breida led 49ers ball carriers with 42 yards on 16 attempts.
- Receiving Leader: In his first career start, Kendrick Bourne led the team with a career-high seven receptions for a team-high 71 yards.
- Defensive Leader: Richard Sherman led the team with seven total tackles and a sack on Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen.
- C.J. Beathard has a rushing touchdown in four of his last six home games.
- Matt Breida currently ranks third in the NFL with a 5.8-yard rushing average (minimum 50 attempts). He has three touchdowns (two rushing, one receiving) in his past four games at Levi's® Stadium.
- George Kittle ranks third among NFL tight ends in catches (37) and receiving yards (584). He is one of two players with 400 or more yards after catch (405) in 2018 (Saquon Barkley). The 49ers tight end has five or more receptions in five of his past six contests. Kittle also has 10 catches for 181 yards (90.5 per game) and a touchdown in his past two games at home.
- Marquise Goodwin ranks second in the NFL since 2017 with 17.2 yards per reception average (minimum 50 catches).
- Pierre Garçon aims for his third game in a row against Oakland with a touchdown.
- Richard Sherman has eight passes defended, five interceptions and a fumble recovery in his past seven contests against AFC opponents. He has recorded an interception, a forced fumble and two passes defended in his only career game against the Raiders (11/2/2014).
- DeForest Buckner has 2.5 sacks and two passes defended in his past three home games against AFC opponents.
- Arik Armstead aims for his third game in a row with a sack.
- Fred Warner had his first career fumble recovery in Week 8 against the Cardinals. He currently ranks second among NFL rookies with 65 tackles (Darius Leonard – 88).