The second week of free agency was a quieter one for the San Francisco 49ers who brokered just four deals compared to the eight contracts of the previous week.
On Monday, the team re-signed veteran tight end Ross Dwelley to a one-year deal, bringing him back for what will be his sixth season in The Bay. The 49ers also announced the signing of safety Myles Hartsfield, a former Carolina Panthers player, to a one-year deal. Later in the week, San Francisco opted to bring in more outside talent, putting pen to paper with New York Giants center Jon Feliciano and defensive lineman Austin Bryant. Both players are on one-year contracts with the 49ers.
Originally slated to have 27 free agents hit the open market, the 49ers shored up four positions prior to the start of free agency with the signings of long snapper Taybor Pepper, wide receiver Jauan Jennings, offensive lineman Colton McKivitz and defensive lineman Kevin Givens, who were all part of the 2022 NFC Championship Game roster. Their twelve additional deals after March 15 make for a total of 16 roster moves to date, nine of which are returning players from last season.
Although not technically a free agency move, the team also officially announced four new coaching hires this week. Steve Wilks joins San Francisco as defensive coordinator and Klint Kubiak as the team's offensive passing game specialist. Additionally, Jacob Webster has signed on as a defensive quality control coach and Max Molz will serve as a coaching operations assistant.
Below is a full list of the 49ers free agency transactions to date:
- OL Jake Brendel: re-signed to a four-year deal through the 2026 season
- QB Sam Darnold: signed to a one-year deal, formerly with the Carolina Panthers
- TE Ross Dwelley: re-signed to a one-year deal
- DL Clelin Ferrell: signed to a one-year deal, formerly with the Las Vegas Raiders
- LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles: re-signed to a one-year deal
- S Tashaun Gipson Sr.: re-signed to a one-year deal
- DL Kevin Givens: signed to a one-year extension
- DT Javon Hargrave: signed to a four-year deal through the 2026 season, formerly with the Philadelphia Eagles
- S Myles Hartsfield: signed to a one-year deal, formerly with the Carolina Panthers
- WR Jauan Jennings: tendered a one-year contract as an exclusive rights free agent
- DL T.Y. McGill: re-signed to a one-year deal
- OL Colton McKivitz: signed a two-year extension through the 2024 season
- DB Isaiah Oliver: signed to a two-year deal through the 2024 season, formerly with the Atlanta Falcons
- LS Taybor Pepper: signed a three-year extension through the 2025 season
- OL Jon Feliciano: signed to a one-year deal, formerly with the New York Giants
- DL Austin Bryant: signed to a one-year deal, formerly with the Detroit Lions