The San Francisco 49ers opened their Levi's® Stadium locker room doors on Thursday afternoon. Here's what we came away with...*
1. Getting ready to head out to the field, tight end Garrett Celek (87), linebacker Chase Thomas (52) and defensive tackle Lawrence Okoye (94) were among those sporting scout-team numbers to mimic Raiders players. It appeared cornerback Marcus Cromartie (23) was due to impersonate 49ers-turned-Raiders corner Tarell Brown.
- Thomas helped fellow linebacker and Stanford alum Shayne Skov impressively pick up and move Skov's 10-foot-tall, walnut-wood locker stall.
- Speaking of 'backers, rookie Chris Borland held court with reporters and said his high-tackle totals are a result of a strong defensive line in front of him. He also said, in the first section of that clip, that he's never faced a running back as tough as Seattle Seahawks ball carrier Marshawn Lynch.
- SEC point guard-turned-49ers return man Bruce Ellington was schooling special teamer Kassim Osgood on the mini-basketball hoop.
- Right tackle Anthony Davis (concussion) was forthright with reporters about going through the league's head-injury protocol, saying that he has overcome some "scary" symptoms.
- Davis was sporting a pair of white and black Jordan XIs on his way out to practice; he was one of five 49ers to miss the session.
- The the man who could replace him in the lineup on Sunday in Oakland, veteran Jonathan Martin, traded in his white and black XIVs for a pair of practice cleats.
--Reporting from Andrew Pentis and Nick Burton