It wasn't all ugly. Here are some of the positive takeaways from the San Francisco 49ers 17-7, Week 15 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Bringing the Heat
- The 49ers registered 5.0 sacks of Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, tying the single-game high for the team this season [5.0 sacks at StL (10/13/14); 5.0 sacks vs. Was. (11/23/14)].
- LB Ahmad Brooks registered 1.0 sack for 3 yds., marking his team-leading 6th sack of the season. He now has 41.0 sacks in his career.
- LB Dan Skuta brought down Wilson for a 2-yd. loss. Skuta now has 4.0 sacks on the season and 4.5 for his career and has now registered a sack in back-to-back games for the first time in his career.
- DT Ray McDonald registered 1.0 sack for 9 yds., marking his 3rd sack of the season. He now has 19.5 career sacks.
- DT Garrett Celek registered 2.0 sacks of Wilson, marking his first, two career sacks.
Reid and React
As time expired in the first half, S Eric Reid intercepted Seahawks QB Russell Wilson for his 3rd INT of the season and 7th of his career, and returned the pick 73 yds. * Reid's 73 INT return yds. was the longest INT return of his career and the longest by the 49ers since LB NaVorro Bowman's 89-yd. INT return vs. Atl. (12/23/13).
Establish the Run
- The 49ers rushed for 140 yds. and 1 TD on 32 carries (4.4 avg.).
- RB Frank Gore capped off an 11-play 85-yd. drive with a 10-yd. TD run on 4th and 1. This marked Gore's 3rd rushing TD of the season and 63rd of his career.
- RB Pierre Garçon rushed for 55 yds. on 6 carries (9.2 avg.), setting a new single-game career high [50 yds. at Dal. (9/7/14)].
A Weapon out of the Backfield
- FB Bruce Miller registered 4 recepts., for 56 yds., tying his career high in both categories [4 recepts. at Cin. (9/25/11); 4 recepts. at TB (12/15/13)]; [56 rec. yds. at Jax. (10/27/13)].