The 49ers and Vikings have played 41 times in the regular season, with Minnesota holding a 21-19-1 advantage. San Francisco, however, has won four of five postseason meetings.
The San Francisco 49ers will host the Minnesota Vikings at 7:20 p.m. PT, Monday, September 14, in the 2015 season opener at Levi's® Stadium. The primetime affair will be televised nationally on ESPN and Westwood One Sports, as well as locally on KPIX 5. Radio broadcasts will available throughout the Bay Area on KGO 810 AM, KSAN 107.7 FM The Bone and in Spanish on KTRB 860 AM ESPN Deportes. Fans looking for tickets to Monday's game should visit the NFL Ticket Exchange, the only ticket re-sale website officially supported by the 49ers and the NFL.
Parking lots will open at 3:00 p.m. on Monday and fans arriving within the first hour will be able to park freely in their designated lot. Opening at 4:00 p.m. will be the free tailgating party within the Faithful Mile presented by Safeway and SAP Tower Gate B and Gate E for club and suite ticket holders. All other stadium gates will open at 5:00 p.m.
Please visit the following link for the informative Vikings vs. 49ers Gameday Guide, featuring event information, parking and directions, public transportation details, a detailed stadium map, full security policies and a fan information guide: http://www.levisstadium.com/events/event/49ers-vs-vikings.
Please visit the link below to view the 49ers Weekly Game release for all the information you need to know about this week's matchup: http://49ers.1stroundmediagroup.com/weeklybooks/.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THIS WEEK'S 49ERS GAME
Gameday Entertainment and Features
- All fans in attendance will receive a complimentary black t-shirt, courtesy of the 49ers and Levi's®, to commemorate the black alternate uniforms that the 49ers will debut on Monday night.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Donald (Boone) Gould, who became an overnight viral sensation with more than 15 million views of the Youtube video featuring him playing a cover version of STYX "Come Sail Away." After his discovery the former Marine, began the incredible journey to change his life after being homeless, while also giving back to community through his music.
- This week's Honor Guard will be led by the Travis Elite Honor Guard of the Travis Air Force Base located in Fairfield, Calif. The unit provides funeral honors for those who have served nobly in the Air Force, in addition to serving as escorts for the American flag in ceremonial and official state functions. The Travis Honor Guard is responsible for fulfilling these services in 28 counties.
- In keeping with the great tradition of the Candlestick Park foghorn, a special guest is chosen each week to get the crowd ready for the game by energizing the foghorn prior to kickoff. This week's Foghorn Energizers will be Stephen and Aaron Scott, the brother and nephew of legendary sportscaster, Stuart Scott. In honor of Stuart's years of dedication and passion for sports reporting, his brother and nephew are continuing the Scott Family Tradition of going to one Monday Night Football game together every year.
- Halftime will feature the 49ers Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony presented by Devcon Construction, where Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Charles Haley will be enshrined into the Edward J. DeBartolo, Sr. San Francisco 49ers Hall of Fame. The five-time Pro Bowler and two-time NFC Defensive Player of the Year will be recognized for his outstanding achievements and contributions to the 49ers organization.
- San Francisco 49ers fans will also be treated to an electrifying performance by the 49ers official drumline, Niner Noise, during halftime. Drummers from across the United States and Canada auditioned to be a part of this dynamic team. Niner Noise is produced by e2k Sports, in collaboration with the world-champion Concord Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps, and directed by Dave Gibbs and Ryan Odello.
- The Faithful Mile presented by Safeway will host Jackie Greene as the artist of the game. Greene, who just released his seventh album, has performed alongside The Black Crowes, Phil Lesh and Levon Helm.
- Hometown Heroes, presented by U.S. Bank, will recognize two local service members on the video board for their military service during the fifth timeout of the first quarter. Naval Aircrewman Mechanical First Class Petty Officer Michael U'Ren Jr. has earned nine Air Medals, six Navy Achievement Medals, five Good Conduct Medals, a National Defense Medal, three Afghanistan Campaign Medals, an Iraq Campaign Medal, a Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal. His wife, Cryptologic Technician Collections Chief Petty Officer Alexis Lund, has earned the Navy Commendation Medal, eight Air Strike Medals, three Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medals, and numerous Campaign Medals.
- For the duration of the 2015 season, the 49ers will celebrate every Friday as #FaithfulFriday, Fans will have the opportunity to enter social media contests to win tickets, merchandise, or other prizes. Fans are encouraged to join the conversation on Twitter using #FaithfulFriday and select posts will be featured on 49ers.com.
- All season long, Papa John's is offering fans 49% off any regular-priced order the day after every 49ers win at www.papajohns.com!