San Francisco 49ers running back Tevin Coleman put on a show in Week 8. The fifth-year pro posted 118 total yards (105 rushing, 13 receiving) and four total touchdowns. Coleman's Week 8 performance earned him two NFL weekly honors - Snickers 'Hungriest Player' of the Week and the FedEx Ground Player of the Week.
Coleman's four total scores in Week 8 were the most by a member of the 49ers since Jerry Rice had four receiving touchdowns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Nov. 1993). The running back will look to replicate his performance against the Arizona Cardinals 25th-ranked rush defense in Week 9 with fellow backs Matt Breida (ankle) and Raheem Mostert (knee) questionable for Thursday night's contest.
Throughout the season, Snickers and NFL players will be passing the Snickers chain – an iced-out chain that highlights the "S" from the iconic logo, created by famed jeweler Ben Baller. The chain, featuring more than 47 carats of brilliant-cut diamonds, blue sapphires and red rubies, rewards the league's hungriest players. Past weeks' chain recipients include:
- Week 1: Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Marquise Brown
- Week 2: Chicago Bears kicker Eddy Piñeiro
- Week 3: Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp
- Week 4: Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew
- Week 5: Houston Texans wide receiver Will Fuller V
- Week 6: Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs
- Week 7: Dallas Cowboys defensive ends DeMarcus Lawrence
Coleman is the first member of the 49ers to be named the FedEx Ground Player of the Week since Breida in Week 2 of the 2018 season.
By winning the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Award, these players are also supporting military service members and their families. A $2,000 donation will be made to the USO in the names of each winner through FedEx Cares. During the 2019-2020 NFL season, FedEx Cares will donate a total of $200,000 to the USO Pathfinder program, which provides resources and personalized services to assist service members and military spouses in their transition back to civilian life. Past weeks' winners include:
- Week 1: Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack
- Week 2: Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook
- Week 3: Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey
- Week 4: Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb
- Week 5: Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones
- Week 6: Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson
- Week 7: Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook