Good Morning Faithful,
Here are the top 49ers headlines for Monday, May 17.
New and Notable
8 Takeaways from Trey Lance and 49ers Rookie Minicamp
- The 49ers had 23 participants in total on hand for the session, including five tryouts.
- Of the participants on hand, there were six defensive backs, four wide receivers, four offensive linemen, three linebackers, two tight ends, two running backs, one fullback and one quarterback
- During the group's 7-on-7 periods, Trey Lance notched just four incompletions (two drops) on the day on roughly 24 passing attempts.
- One of Lance's incompletions came off of a tipped ball by undrafted linebacker Justin Hilliard.
- Sixth-round running back Elijah Mitchell caught all four of his passes from Lance.
- Marqise Lee hauled in the longest reception of the day.
- The 49ers also held their highly-anticipated one-on-one drills.
- Friday marked the only open rookie minicamp practice. Veterans will begin reporting next week and OTA offseason workouts (Phase 2-3) will start on May 24 and wrap up on June 10.
Read More >>>
Hear From the Rookies
International Player Pathway: OL Alfredo Gutierrez
Gutierrez spoke about his path to the 49ers through the NFL's International Player Pathway, how he started playing football and his goals for his rookie season.
View photos from Day 1 of 49ers rookie minicamp as well as some images of returners and tryouts.