Appeared in 38 games (31 starts) in four years (2017- 20) at Notre Dame. As a senior in 2020, started all 12 games, including an appearance in the CFP Semi- final. Named First-Team AFCA All-America and Associated Press First-Team All-America as a senior. Started all 13 games as a junior in 2019 and helped the Irish rank 13th nation- ally in scoring offense. Played in all 13 games (6 starts) as a sophomore in 2018. Did not see game action as a freshman in 2017.
- Attended El Cerrito (CA) HS where he was named American Family Insurance first team all-USA California and first team San Francisco Chronicle all-metro in 2016
- Majored in film, television and theatre at Notre Dame.
- Born Aaron Banks (9/3/97) in Alameda, CA.
BANKS' GOLDEN NUGGETS
- Was given the nickname 'The Dancing Bear' by former Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chip Long due to his energy and playing style.
- As a sophomore at Notre Dame, hosted pizza night every Thursday night in his apartment to help the offensive line bond off the field. "We have those guys every week, it's our pizza night. But it's not always at our house. We move it around a little bit," Banks said. "Pizza night has been a thing among the o-line for a long time, and it's a tradition."
- While attending El Cerrito (CA) HS, Banks, realizing that the school's weight room was limited, took it upon himself to find additional ways to train in a local gym. "Yeah, we didn't have a lot of weights," Banks said. "So myself and my little brother would go before school, at like 4:30 in the morning and go lift."
Aaron Banks: 'I'm Going to Be the Best I Can Be'
Banks discussed his mindset heading into his first season in San Francisco and shared how fellow Notre Dame alum Mike McGlinchey has helped in his transition to the 49ers.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the 49ers 2021 NFL Draft
From the draft stage in Cleveland to the war room in Santa Clara, follow along as the 49ers selected eight new players to the red and gold.
Getting to Know 49ers OL Aaron Banks
Banks reviewed his relationship with fellow former Notre Dame product Mike McGlinchey and highlighted the veteran talent he'll be joining on the 49ers offensive line.
49ers Call 48th-Overall Pick Aaron Banks
John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan and Jed York welcome Aaron Banks to the 49ers after selecting him with the 48th-overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Aaron Banks: Being Drafted By 49ers is the 'Best Moment of My Life'
Guard Aaron Banks shared his excitement after being draft by his hometown team, his versatility on the offensive line and how Notre Dame prepared him to play in the NFL.