The San Francisco 49ers opened their Levi's® Stadium locker room doors on Wednesday afternoon. Here's what we came away with...*
1. Safety Eric Reid said he didn't know anything about the Oakland Raiders "Black Hole," the O.co Coliseum end-zone section of die-hard fans, but he offered, "That'll be fun; I like that kind of stuff."
2. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick said he was last at Oakland's multi-sport stadium when he was a kid competing in the NFL's Punt, Pass and Kick contest.
- The funny, engaging Kassim Osgood that you saw in the latest "Mic'd Up" (right) is the same Osgood we see in the locker room almost every day, always complimenting or, more likely, ribbing his teammates.
4. Longest hair on the team? This offbeat honor may have shifted from another special teamer, Bubba Ventrone, to injured offensive guard Fouimalo Fonoti.
5. Cornerback Dontae Johnson and defensive tackle Tony Jerod-Eddie were engaged in a sit-down shooting competition on the mini basketball hoop before linebacker Dan Skuta pulled Jerod-Eddie away for a ping-pong match.
6. Defensive tackle Justin Smith said he's healthier right now than he was at this point of the past two seasons. But the veteran pass-rusher said he won't consider his plans for 2015 until the spring; '15 would be his 15th campaign in the NFL.
7. Tight end Derek Carrier, who was placed on Injured Reserve last week, was spotted with a walking boot on his right foot.
8. Wideout Quinton Patton, who could play a role on Sunday if his fellow receivers stay on the injury report (see below) this week, was sporting a Team USA jacket as he walked out of the locker room.
--Reporting from Andrew Pentis and Nick Burton*