It's time for our weekly look at the snap count totals for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some playing-time observations from the team's Week 9 home loss against the New Orleans Saints. Below is a list of reps for each player, broken down by phase of the game.
- The 49ers starting offensive line remained the same for the third straight week. Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore, Joshua Garnett and Trent Brown all played every snap.
- DuJuan Harris dominated the reps at running back in Pierre Garçon's (shoulder) absence. Harris got his first start of the season and played 53 of a possible 60 snaps (88 percent). There's no telling whether or not that was the plan entering the game, but Harris' hot hand made him tough to remove from the lineup. The ball-carrier posted 142 total yards (59 rushing, 83 receiving) and a 47-yard touchdown catch. It was Harris' first career receiving score and his longest career reception.
- Quinton Patton led 49ers receivers with 55 reps. The fourth-year receiver took advantage of his opportunity and set career highs in catches (6) and receiving yards (106).
- San Francisco featured its tight ends against the Saints. Garrett Celek (42 snaps) caught three passes for a career-high 84 yards. McDonald also hauled in a 67-yard touchdown reception in Week 9. Garrett Celek (30 snaps) caught four passes for 76 yards.
- Jimmie Ward and Antoine Bethea were the only two members of the 49ers defense to play all 87 snaps. Tramaine Brock (85 reps) and Eric Reid (82 reps) weren't far behind.
- Nick Bellore led all linebackers with 78 snaps. Gerald Hodges (54 reps) and Michael Wilhoite (22 reps) rotated at the other inside linebacker position.
- Arik Armstead was limited to six snaps and left the game with an injury in the first quarter. Tony Jerod-Eddie (32 snaps) was the primary benefactor of Armstead's absence.