It's time for our weekly look at the snap count totals for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some playing time observations from the team's Week 8 road loss against the Philadelphia Eagles. Below is a list of reps for each player, broken down by phase of the game.
- Eric Reid (33 snaps) and Ray-Ray Armstrong (36 snaps) split time at WILL linebacker. Reid played in nickel while Armstrong played in base packages.
- Brock Coyle played all 70 defensive snaps in place of the injured Reuben Foster.
- Ahkello Witherspoon got his first-career start in place of Rashard Robinson. He played 69 snaps and intercepted Carson Wentz for his first-career pick. Robinson played only 16 snaps in rotation with Dontae Johnson. Leon Hall saw 33 reps at nickel corner.
- Leger Douzable played 57 snaps and recorded his first-career two-sack game. He played more than any other 49ers defensive lineman.
- The 49ers sustained a ridiculous amount of injuries on Sunday which led to some bizarre lineup combinations, especially on the offensive line. Trent Brown was out to begin with, which meant that Garry Gilliam started at right tackle. Then Gilliam got hurt just 15 snaps into the game. Zane Beadles replaced him at right tackle. Then Joe Staley went down which forced Beadles to move to left tackle. Erik Magnuson made his NFL debut and entered the game at right tackle. The rookie played 41 snaps.
- Speaking of injuries, Jimmie Ward broke his forearm in the first half. Adrian Colbert replaced Ward at free safety and played 55 snaps. He will be the 49ers starter at the position for the foreseeable future.