It's time for our weekly look at the snap count totals for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some playing time observations from the team's Week 6 road loss against the Buffalo Bills. Below is a list of reps for each player, broken down by phase of the game.
- Joshua Garnett received his first career start and played all 61 offensive snaps at right guard. The rest of the starting o-line remained the same as Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore and Trent Brown also never left the field.
- Jeremy Kerley's 57 reps led San Francisco's wide receivers. Quinton Patton played 55 and Torrey Smith played 51.
- A shoulder injury to Pierre Garçon (32 snaps) gave Mike Davis (24 snaps) his most playing time of the season. Chip Kelly said that Davis had a strong week of practice and earned time as the team's No. 2 running back.
- Garrett Celek returned to the lineup after missing two games with a hip injury and received 30 reps.
- The 49ers also got DeForest Buckner back after the rookie defensive lineman missed one game with a foot injury. Despite entering the game as questionable, Buckner didn't appear to be on a pitch count. The first-round pick led San Francisco's defensive linemen with 73 snaps. Arik Armstead was next with 64 reps.
- Nick Bellore, Eric Reid, Tramaine Brock and Antoine Bethea played all 79 defensive snaps.
- Quinton Dial started at nose tackle and played 37 total snaps. Mike Purcell was on the field for 13 reps.
- Shayne Skov, Marcus Cromartie, Keshawn Martin, Andrew Tiller and JaCorey Shepherd all played solely on special teams.