It's time for our weekly look at the snap count totals for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some playing time observations from the team's Week 12 home loss against the Seattle Seahawks. Below is a list of reps for each player, broken down by phase of the game.
(Not pictured: Robbie Gould, Zane Beadles - 4 special teams snaps)
- Obviously the big takeaway is that Jimmy Garoppolo finished the game at quarterback for the 49ers and played the final three snaps. He completed both of his pass attempts for 18 yards and a touchdown and added a 4-yard scramble. Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Monday that C.J. Beathard has a knee contusion and a hip strain. Shanahan hopes to have a decision made by Wednesday in regards to his starting QB in Week 13 against the Chicago Bears.
- Pierre Garçon continues to dominate reps at running back. He out-snapped Matt Breida 64-7 against the Seahawks.
- George Kittle returned to action after missing one game with an ankle injury, but appeared to be limited. The rookie played just 25 snaps, compared to Garrett Celek's 48 snaps.
- Darrell Williams Jr. played one snap in relief of Joe Staley, who left the game briefly with a left leg injury.
- Eric Reid and Reuben Foster played all 67 defensive snaps.
- Cassius Marsh and Sheldon Day were both active despite only being on the roster for a few days. Both were heavily involved in the 49ers rotation at defensive line as Day played 30 snaps and Marsh played 27.
- Antone Exum Jr. started at free safety for the 49ers and played 40 snaps. Shanahan said that he's hopeful Adrian Colbert will be able to return in Week 13.
- Solomon Thomas and Garrett Celek were two more defensive lineman to return to action, playing 49 and 28 snaps, respectively.