This time a year ago, general manager Trent Baalke and Co. entered the NFL Draft process with an NFL-high 13 picks.
They enter with at least 11 and, perhaps as many as a dozen, this time around.
In addition to their own selections for rounds one through seven of the May 8-10 draft in New York, the 49ers received a compensatory selection for the loss of free agent Dashon Goldon, whom they replaced with 2013 top draftee Eric Reid.
San Francisco's decision-makers will already have four extra picks to play with. Three of them have come as the result of offseason trades, recent and not so recent, of former players Alex Smith, Parys Haralson and Colin Jones.
- First round – No. 30 overall
- Second round – No. 56 overall (from the Kansas City Chiefs)
- Second round – No. 61 overall
- Third round – No. 77 overall (from the Tennessee Titans)
- Third round – No. 94 overall
- Third round – No. 100 overall (compensatory)
- Fourth round – No. 129 overall
- Fifth round - No. 170 overall
- Seventh round – No. 242 overall (from the New Orleans Saints)
- Seventh round – No. 243 overall (from the Carolina Panthers)
- Seventh round – No. 245 overall