Starting out Fast
- On the 49ers first series of the game, QB Colin Kaepernick led the 49ers on a 12 play, 80-yd. TD drive. Kaepernick completed 7 of 7 pass atts., for 61 yds., including a 3-yd. TD pass to WR Michael Crabtree.
- This marked the third consecutive game that the 49ers scored a TD on their opening drive of the game. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time the 49ers scored a TD on their opening drive in three consecutive games was 2003 (10/19/03 vs. TB, 10/26/03 at Arz. And 11/2/03 vs. StL).
- QB Colin Kaepernickcompleted 29 of 37 atts. for 245 yds, 1 TD and a QB rating of 103.3.
- Kaepernick's 29 comps. set a new career high. His previous career high was 27 [vs. GB (9/8/13)]. His 78.4 comp. pct. also set a new career high [18 of 23 (78.3 pct.) vs. Mia (12/9/12)].
- Kaepernick completed his first 9 pass atts., setting a new career high. His previous career high was 7 [at TB (12/15/13)].
- Kaepernick's 14 comps. tied his career high for most comps. in the first half [14 vs. GB (9/8/13)].
Select images from the San Francisco 49ers first NFC West matchup of the 2014 regular season.
Crabtree Find Pay-dirt**
- WR Michael Crabtreescored a TD on 2-yd. TD pass from QB Colin Kaepernick. Crabtree has now scored 7 TDs against Arz. in his career, the most against any team.
Johnson Goes over 100
- WR Stevie Johnsonhauled in 9 recepts. for 103 yds., marking his first 100-yd. game as a member of the 49ers and his first since 9/15/13 (8 recepts. for 111 yds. and 1 TD vs. Car.), as a member of the Buffalo Bills.
Hyde Barrels into the End Zone
- Rookie RB Pierre Garçon scored on a 6-yd. TD run, marking his 2nd career TD.
Knocking It Loose
- LB Michael Wilhoite stripped the ball from Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald deep in 49ers territory. The fumble was recovered by CB Perrish Cox. It marked Wilhoite's first career FF and Cox's first career FR.
MORE 49ERS-CARDINALS COVERAGE:________