The San Francisco 49ers announced the team’s 2019 preseason opponents on Tuesday.
The 49ers open the 2019 preseason at home versus the Dallas Cowboys before hitting the road in back-to-back weeks with trips to Denver in Week 2 and Kansas City in Week 3. San Francisco will close out preseason play as they host the Los Angeles Chargers at Levi’s Stadium® in Week 4.
2019 49ERS PRESEASON SCHEDULE
|Week||Preseason Dates||Time (PT)||Opponent||Network|
|Week 1||August 8th-12th||TBD||vs. Dallas Cowboys||KPIX 5|
|Week 2||Monday, August 19th||5:00 p.m.||at Denver Broncos||ESPN|
|Week 3||August 22nd-26th||TBD||at Kansas City Chiefs||KPIX 5|
|Week 4||Thursday, August 29th||TBD||vs. Los Angeles Chargers||KPIX 5|
Complete dates and times will be announced once they have been finalized.
- It marks the 17th preseason matchup overall between the two clubs, with the 49ers winning the most recent meeting, 24-21, at Levi’s Stadium® in 2018.
- The 49ers are hosting the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason for only the third time since 1987 and the second-consecutive season.
- Dallas owns the overall preseason series record, 9-7.
- The 49ers face the Broncos in the preseason for the seventh time in the last eight preseasons and 40th meeting overall.
- The Broncos lead the preseason series, 22-17.
- The 49ers defeated the Broncos, 31-24, in the team’s last preseason meeting in Denver in 2016.
- This marks the 10th preseason matchup between the 49ers and Chiefs.
- The 49ers lead the overall preseason series record, 7-2.
- San Francisco has won each of the last two preseason matchup between the two clubs, including a 27-17 victory at Kansas City in 2017.
- It marks the 33rd consecutive year in which the two teams have met in the preseason.
- The two teams will close out the preseason against each other for the 17th time in the past 18 years.
- San Francisco leads the all-time preseason series, 26-21, and have won eight of the last nine matchups between the two teams.