The San Francisco 49ers announced the team's 2011 preseason opponents.
The 49ers open the preseason on the road in week one against the New Orleans Saints before returning home to host the Oakland Raiders and the Houston Texans. The team then travels south to face the San Diego Chargers in the preseason finale.
Times and dates of the 49ers games are yet to be determined and will be released as they become available.
Click hereto purchase 2011 Season Tickets.
- It marks the first time the 49ers will play a preseason game in New Orleans.
- The 49ers and Saints have met only twice during preseason play. In 1967, the Saints defeated the 49ers, 24-10, in a game played in Portland, OR. San Francisco evened up the preseason series with a 27-12 victory in 2003 at Candlestick Park.
- The 49ers and Raiders all-time preseason series is tied at 19.
- It marks the 11th consecutive year in which the two teams have met in the preseason.
- The 49ers defeated the Raiders, 28-24, in Oakland in 2010.
- The 49ers hold an 11-8 preseason series lead over the Raiders when playing at Candlestick Park.
- It marks the first preseason game between the 49ers and Texans.
- San Diego leads the all-time preseason series 20-19.
- It marks the 24th preseason matchup in San Diego, with the Chargers holding a 16-7 series lead at home.* *