The San Francisco 49ers have activated rookie defensive tackle Quinton Dial from the team's Reserve/NFI List.
Dial (6-5, 318) was originally selected by the 49ers in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. He was placed on the Reserve/NFI List on August 27 and returned to practice on October 15.
A 23-year-old native of Pinson, AL, Dial initially began his collegiate career at East Mississippi Community College before transferring to the University of Alabama following his sophomore season. He played in 25 games during his two years with the Crimson Tide, registering 45 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 7.5 tackles for loss.
- READ:Delanie Walker Eager to Face Former Team
- WATCH: Manningham Not Expecting to Play Sunday
- READ:CB Wright Makes 49ers Practice Debut
- READ: DT Jerod-Eddie Becoming ‘Trusted Agent’
- LISTEN: Titans Coach Munchak on Stopping Kaepernick
- READ:Whitner ‘Playing Better’ in 2013
- READ: RB James Remains in San Francisco’s Plans
- VIEW: Gold Rush Calendar Sneak Preview