The San Francisco 49ers completed OTAs on Thursday. All that remains of the offseason program is next week's mandatory three-day minicamp. Here are the major notes of what transpired at Thursday's practice.1. Rashard Robinson didn't practice which meant that Keith Reaser and Dontae Johnson both got first-team reps.
2. Stanford head coach David Shaw was in attendance. He held court with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan prior to practice. Eric Reid also came over for a quick hello as his brother Justin is currently a junior at Stanford.
3. The first offensive line to take the field was last year's starters: Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore, Joshua Garnett and Trent Brown.
4. Pierre Garçon's first pass of the day was a 20-yard completion off of play action to Marquise Goodwin on a corner route toward the right sideline. Goodwin was able to keep his feet in bounds and hang onto the football despite Johnson's best efforts to knock the ball free.
5. Matt Barkley found Trent Taylor for a 20-yard gain down the middle of the field during the same team period. The two connected later in practice for another long gain on a lofted pass down the left sideline.
6.** Johnson grabbed the first of two interceptions for the defense. The ball was thrown behind its intended target, bounced off the receiver's hands and into Johnson's arms for the opportunistic takeaway. The other pick came from Malcolm Smith on a ball that bounced from a receiver's hands, off of NaVorro Bowman's helmet and ultimately over to Smith.
7. The 49ers went through their first red zone period of any open practice during OTAs. The defense was able to keep the passing game out of the end zone. Bowman had a near interception on a ball thrown over the middle. Joe Williams and Tim Hightower looked to have would-be touchdown runs as they ran through the line of scrimmage with minimal contact.
8. Earl Mitchell made an emphatic run stop as he blew through the offensive line and into the backfield the second Pierre Garçon got hold of the football. Had it been a live drill, the play would have gone for at least a loss of three yards.
9. Reaser had an impressive pass breakup on a throw over the middle intended for Pierre Garçon.
10. Undrafted free agent QB Nick Mullens got a handful of reps during team drills. He completed back-to-back passes to rookie running back Matt Breida and rookie wideout Victor Bolden Jr.
11. Hoyer completed his last four passes to Garçon, Kyle Juszczyk, Aldrick Robinson and Garçon again during a "move the ball" period. Two of the throws came on play-action rollouts and the pass to Robinson was a well executed quick slant to the left.
12. The defense ended practice with a flurry of sacks. Garrett Celek got the first, Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner split the second and Chris Jones added a third.