No Results Available
No results. Try adjusting the filters.
Appeared in 38 games (31 starts) in four years (2017- 20) at Notre Dame. As a senior in 2020, started all 12 games, including an appearance in the CFP Semi- final. Named First-Team AFCA All-America and Associated Press First-Team All-America as a senior. Started all 13 games as a junior in 2019 and helped the Irish rank 13th nation- ally in scoring offense. Played in all 13 games (6 starts) as a sophomore in 2018. Did not see game action as a freshman in 2017.
- Attended El Cerrito (CA) HS where he was named American Family Insurance first team all-USA California and first team San Francisco Chronicle all-metro in 2016
- Majored in film, television and theatre at Notre Dame.
- Born Aaron Banks (9/3/97) in Alameda, CA.
BANKS' GOLDEN NUGGETS
- Was given the nickname 'The Dancing Bear' by former Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chip Long due to his energy and playing style.
- As a sophomore at Notre Dame, hosted pizza night every Thursday night in his apartment to help the offensive line bond off the field. "We have those guys every week, it's our pizza night. But it's not always at our house. We move it around a little bit," Banks said. "Pizza night has been a thing among the o-line for a long time, and it's a tradition."
- While attending El Cerrito (CA) HS, Banks, realizing that the school's weight room was limited, took it upon himself to find additional ways to train in a local gym. "Yeah, we didn't have a lot of weights," Banks said. "So myself and my little brother would go before school, at like 4:30 in the morning and go lift."