That's where the San Francisco 49ers will select in the 2016 NFL Draft following a 5-11 campaign in 2015. An overtime win against the St. Louis Rams in Week 17 tied the 49ers with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens.
Unfortunately for San Francisco, the tie breaker when determining draft order is the weakest strength of schedule. The 49ers .539 strength of schedule (the winning percentage of the team's opponents in 2015) is higher than the Ravens (.508) and Jaguars (.473).
In compensation for losing the tie breaker in the first round, the 49ers will have the fifth selection in Rounds 2, 4 and 6. The 49ers will have at least 10 total selections in the draft, but the final number won't be determined until free agency is over and supplemental picks are doled out.
The draft will take place from April 28-30 at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago.Other notes from the draft order:
- The Titans have the top pick in this year's draft after selecting second overall in 2015. Tennessee used that draft choice on former Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.
- Jacksonville has a top-five pick for the fifth straight year and a top 10 selection for the ninth straight year.
- This is Cleveland's sixth draft since 1999 with a top-three pick.
- Dallas owns a top-five draft choice for the first time since 2003. The Cowboys selected cornerback Terrance Newman that season.
- The Chargers last top five pick was used on quarterback Eli Manning in 2004 (fifth overall), who was subsequently traded to the New York Giants in a famous draft day move.Here's how the top 20 shakes out: