The San Francisco 49ers opened their Levi's® Stadium locker room doors on Monday afternoon. Here's what we came away with...*
1. Before speaking to reporters (video below), fullback Bruce Miller battled linebacker Shayne Skov on the locker room's ping pong table.
2. Rookie cornerback Dontae Johnson celebrated his 23rd birthday.
Select images of the San Francisco 49ers cornerback in college at NC State and in the NFL.
- Responding to Kassim Osgood's teasing, first-year running back Pierre Garçon outlined his alma mater's chances at making college football's national championship game; Ohio State is among the "jostlers."
4. Rookie kick/punt returner Bruce Ellington was a full participant at Monday's practice for the first time since injuring his ankle in Week 10 at New Orleans. Ellington told CSNBayArea's Matt Maiocco in the locker room that he expects to return to the field on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.
5. Also on the injury front: Tight end Garrett Celek (back) pronounced himself "day to day." Like Miller, he stood tall and answered for the 49ers offense's struggles.
6. If 49ers players created a chorus, it could have a bass in tight end Asante Cleveland. The rookie pass-catcher has replaced retired running back Marcus Lattimore as having one of the locker room's deeper speaking voices.
7. Wideout Brandon Lloyd had a newspaper folded under his arm as he left the locker room. He is one of the few players we've seen this season who still reads the ink-and-paper version.
--Reporting from Andrew Pentis and Nick Burton*