Fourth-year tight end Delanie Walker was originally a sixth-round draft pick of the 49ers in the 2006 NFL Draft. Since then, he's become a reliable weapon on offense and a solid contributor on special teams. 49ers.com caught up with Walker at the 49ers training camp for a round of 20 questions to see how the talented tight end with a one-of-a-kind personality would answer some random questions.
1. If you could go out to dinner with any three people, who would they be?
First, I'm going to have to go with Stephenie Meyer. She wrote Twilight. With her there, it will be a crazy dinner because she's wicked in the head. Next, I'm going to have to say my great Grandma, Big Mama, because I've never met her. I think that would be cool to have her around. Then I'm going to have to say Mike Singletary, so I can get some extra playing time!
2. What is your favorite cookie?
My favorite cookie is chocolate chip. My girlfriend makes a great chocolate chip cookie. They're nice and gooey on the inside; I don't like them too hard. I kind of like them half way done, just perfect.
3. Video Games or Board Games?
Video Games man!
4. What was the last movie you watched?
5. What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror." I'd say that, because only I can make change by myself.
6. Do you have a favorite cereal?My favorite cereal is Lucky Charms. A close second would be Rice Crispy Treats.
7. Ping pong or air hockey?
8. Where's the best place in the world to watch a football game?
Candlestick Park! I've never watched a game outside of being on the field. One day I want to try to sit in the stands for once and see how it feels just to watch somebody else.
9. If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, which would they be?
Supra's man, come on that's an easy question! I'd wear Chad Muska's signature skateboarding shoe, the Supra.
- Training camp two-a-days or errands around the house?**
Errands around the house!
11. What's something you're ashamed of liking?
I'm going to have to say Britney Spears. I love all of her albums. So, I think I should be ashamed of that (laughs).
12. If you could have one super power, which one would it be and why?
If I had one super power it would be healing people. Across the country people have a lot of diseases and if I can heal them, it would be the best thing.
13. What song do you sing the most in the car or shower right now?
"Turn my swag on," by Soulja Boy.
14. Would you rather have 10 Pro Bowl appearances or one Super Bowl Ring?
One Super Bowl ring.
15. Which professional sports team do you follow the most?
The Los Angeles Lakers.
16. Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant?
17. Who is the best defensive player to talk trash to in the NFL?
DeAngelo Hall of the Washington Redskins.
18. In your opinion, who is the best 49ers player ever?
I can't say just one! But, my favorites are Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders and our alumni coordinator Guy McIntyre. There are a lot of great players who played here, so I really want to say them all.
19. Favorite car in your collection?
My 1964 Chevy Impala.
20. What's the strangest encounter you've had with a fan?
At family appreciation day, I'm sweating, the worst I have ever sweated. At the time, I had a sweat towel and it was dripping with sweat. A fan asked me for the towel and I gave it to him. Then he put it on his face and it was covered in my sweat! By far, that was like the weirdest thing I have ever seen!