The San Francisco 49ers opened their Levi's® Stadium locker room doors on Tuesday morning.*
1. Safety Eric Reid described for reporters why he gave the 49ers a pregame speech before the team's Week 14 loss to the Raiders. "I feel like I have a rapport with the guys," he said. "They respect me enough to hear what I have to say."
- Inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman, who led the huddle in Week 13 because Joe Staley wasn't around, will travel with the team to Seattle for Sunday's grudge match with the Seahawks.
Enjoy the best images of Patrick Willis giving his passionate pregame speeches to the San Francisco 49ers.
- The locker room nominated Willis for the inaugural NFL Sportsmanship Award, the league announced on Tuesday. Every team nominated one player; eight finalists will be announced Dec. 19.
- Outside linebacker Dan Skuta, who started ahead of Ahmad Brooks and Aaron Lynch at Oakland, said he wasn't sure if he would get the same opportunity on Sunday at Seattle. "I'll show up for work and see what happens," he said.
- Punter Andy Lee said that everything he does – punting and holding on field-goal attempts – can be done on a silent snap count, meaning he has never been affected by the crowd noise at CenturyLink Field.
- Then Lee sunk a 20-foot set shot on the mini-basketball hoop, eliciting some locker room cheers.
- They may have already been in their 12 p.m. special teams meeting, but expect some friendly back-and-forth between tight end Vernon Davis (University of Maryland) as well as right tackle Jonathan Martin and linebackers Chase Thomas and Shayne Skov (Stanford), whose alma maters will meet on Dec. 30 for bowl-game action at Levi's® Stadium.
--Reporting from Andrew Pentis and Nick Burton