It's time for our weekly look at the snap count totals for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some playing time observations from the team's Week 7 home loss against the Dallas Cowboys. Below is a list of reps for each player, broken down by phase of the game.
- Reuben Foster returned to game action and didn't appear to be on a pitch count. Foster played 53 snaps as an every-down player until he suffered a rib injury in the second half. Kyle Shanahan said that the linebacker was cleared to return but was held out with the game out of reach.
- There were some new faces on the offensive line for the first time in weeks. Trent Brown left the game with a concussion which is why Garry Gilliam saw 20 snaps. Zane Beadles also spelled Brandon Fusco for 14 snaps due to injury as well.
- Cole Hikutini out-snapped Garrett Celek 21-18. That could have just been a result of the lopsided score, but it could also mean that Hikutini is moving up the depth chart. This is something to monitor going forward.
- Pierre Garçon continues to dominate reps at running back, playing 51-of-66 offensive snaps.
- Jaquiski Tartt and Jimmie Ward played all 75 defensive snaps. Eric Reid played 58 snaps in a linebacker role.
- An injury limited K'Waun Williams to 20 snaps. That forced Ward to move to nickel corner while Adrian Colbert filled in at free safety for 29 plays.
- Kendrick Bourne played a career-high 23 snaps, again, likely due to the flow of the game.
- Leger Douzable and Tony McDaniel were immediately put into the lineup despite being signed just last week. Douzable played 47 snaps and McDaniel saw 25. DeForest Buckner played just 50 snaps and was likely given extra plays off with the game out of hand.