Pro Bowl linebacker Joe Staley has been one of the top performers at his position in the NFL for the past two seasons. 49ers.com caught up with the team's defensive captain at the 49ers training camp for a round of 20 questions to see how the consummate professional would answer some unique questions.**
1. What's your favorite cereal?
2. If you could go to dinner with any three people, alive or deceased, who would they be?
It's a mixed group, but it would be with Walter Payton, Denzel Washington, and Rosario Dawson. I think that would be an interesting dinner because I'd like to hear what they all have to say.
3. What is the best thing you can cook?
Chicken. My steaks are getting better… but I love cooking my chicken.
4. Who is the best player to talk trash to?
Probably any of the guys on the Arizona offensive line or Richie Incognito of the St. Louis Rams.
5. Who was better in their prime, coach Singletary or Ray Lewis?
Oh, that's tough. I'm going to have to say it's a tie.
6. After your career what are you going to be doing?
After I have played for while, I would like to have a legacy that I could pass on to the kids. I'd like to do that by creating a foundation, a place where kids can go and be themselves.
7. What is the weirdest dream you have ever had?
Oh man, either falling off the Empire State building or being chased by werewolves.
8. What is something you are ashamed of liking?
I like all those gossip magazines. I've got one in my bag right now that I'm about
to check out while I'm getting treatment.
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would have super strength. (Editor's note: Doesn't he already have this?)
10. Who is the best player to ever play football for the University of Mississippi?
Jamil Northcutt, he played linebacker at Ole' Miss too.
11. Would you rather have an interception returned for a touchdown or a sack, scoop, and score?
An interception returned for a touchdown.
12 Kobe or LeBron?
13. Ten Pro Bowl appearances or one Super Bowl ring?
One Super Bowl ring.
14. What was the best advice you ever received?
Coach Singletary said: "Never be afraid to invest in something that is going to give you knowledge."
15. How old were you when you scored your first touchdown?
I was in the 7th grade, so I was probably like 12- or 13-years-old.
16. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?
My 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Hartsfield.
17. Where's the best place in the world to watch a football game?
At one of your teammate's house.
18. Training camp two-a-days or errands around the house?
Errands around the house. I don't mind cleaning my place, these two-a-days are long and tiring. It's a lot more work that errands around the house.
19. Superman or Batman?
Superman! Are you kidding me? Never ask me that question again in your whole entire life. I cannot stand Batman. I think Batman's weak!
20. What extreme sports would you never try?
Jumping off dirt bikes is one. The other would be skateboarding. When I see people flipping around on a skateboard, I couldn't imagine rolling around on that little board. They go up so high and then they flip in the air, I just couldn't imagine. I think that's the craziest thing in the world.