ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The San Francisco 49ers held their final joint training camp session against the Denver Broncos on Saturday ahead of their preseason contest on Monday night. Since the session was divided between both sides of the ball, we'll split up Saturday's observations, beginning with the 49ers defense:
1. During 11-on-11 work, D.J. Reed Jr. had a PBU on a pass from Drew Lock intended for rookie receiver Kelvin McKnight.
2. Mark Nzeocha had a big run stop behind the line of scrimmage.
3. Marcell Harris recorded multiple PBU's during Saturday's session, including a breakup on a pass over the middle from Kevin Hogan to tight end Bug Howard.
4. The 49ers defense recorded the lone takeaway of the day. Joe Flacco completed a pass to Tim Patrick before Fred Warner stripped the receiver of the ball. Ahkello Witherspoon recovered the fumble.
5. During 7-on-7 drills, Jaquiski Tartt got his hands in between a pass from Flacco to Emmanuel Sanders for an incompletion.
6. Richard Sherman swatted away a pass from Flacco intended for Fred Brown.
7. Damontre Moore and Jordan Thompson recorded back-to-back sacks against rookie quarterback Brett Rypien, both forcing incompletions.
8. Kentavius Street and Arik Armstead recorded several pressures.
Here are the top offensive observations:
9. During 11-on-11 red zone drills, Matt Breida recorded a rushing touchdown. Jordan Matthews and Ross Dwelley also found the end zone during the drill.
10. Breida and Tevin Coleman both hit the open field for "would-be" rushing touchdowns.
11. During full team drills, Nick Mullens connected with Deebo Samuel on a crossing route for a big gain. Samuel also had a 15-yard pickup on a jet sweep.
12. A few plays later, C.J. Beathard evaded pressure and found Dante Pettis over the middle for a modest pickup.
13. Marquise Goodwin had a solid showing on Saturday, hauling in multiple receptions, including a 25-yarder from Jimmy Garoppolo up the left sideline during team drills.
14. Richie James Jr. also had a standout session. The second-year receiver came down with several receptions including back-to-back contested catches during a "move-the-ball" period.
15. Practice ended in a first-team "2-minute drill." Garoppolo connected with Matthews on a tough catch for 12-yard pickup to set Robbie Gould up for a walk-off field goal. Denver's sideline jokingly heckled Gould, and Broncos head coach Vic Fangio called a timeout in hopes to ice the kicker. Gould connected on the 55-yard field goal as time expired and playfully stared down the Broncos sideline to end the joint sessions (It was all in good fun).
16. D.J. Jones (knee) and Raheem Mostert (concussion) returned to practice on Saturday after missing the last four sessions.
17. Mike Person is day-to-day with a foot strain. Also, Antone Exum Jr. did not participate in Saturday's session with a knee injury. He is also day-to-day.