The San Francisco 49ers activated NT
The 6-foot-1, 305-pound nose tackle, however, had his moment abruptly taken away with a season-ending ankle injury in Week 2 of the regular season.
Williams, an undrafted fourth-year pro, earned San Francisco’s starting nose tackle position following a challenging training camp battle with incoming veteran
“It was hard,” Williams told 49ers.com last February. “I’m not going to sugarcoat it or anything like that. It was hard not being able to contribute. But in the long run, while I was home watching the games, I was able to think about a lot and get ready for next season.”
Williams is now cleared to practice and could potentially join the team on Wednesday.
- READ: Full List of Training Camp Transactions
- READ: What We Learned from 49ers-Ravens Week
- READ: WRs Johnson and Ellington Emerge in Baltimore
- READ: Rookie LB Lynch Has Size, Talent to Succeed
- READ: WIll Harbaugh Teams Practice in 2015?
- READ: Rookie CB Johnson Intercepts Flacco, Scores TD
- READ: Boldin Relives Trade From Ravens to 49ers
- READ: More 49ers News Headlines