1. ELIGIBILITY: The 49ers Forever Faithful Super Bowl Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is open only to persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of the National Football League, its member clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Forty Niners Football Company LLC (the “Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes runs from Friday, November 19, 2012 until Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 pm PST (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
a. Via Season Ticket Renewal: Pay 50% of your season ticket renewal by Friday, December 7, 2012 and you will automatically be entered in the Sweepstakes.
b. Via Alternate Method of Entry: To enter by mail, send a 3” x 5” postcard with the following hand-written information – name (first and last), address (no P.O. box), date of birth, a telephone number where you can be reached to: 49ers Super Bowl Sweepstakes, 4949 Centennial Bldv. Santa Clara, 95054. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received no later than January 11, 2012. You must be a current 49ers season ticket holder to enter.
Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical reproductions or similar methods will be void. All completed entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries without all requested information will be disqualified and not entered into the drawing. All late, lost, or incomplete entries are not considered valid entries. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of entry method.
6. SELECTION CRITERIA: On or about January 25th, 2013 the Sponsor will select the three (3) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing date by telephone. No messages will be left. If a potential Winner cannot be reached at time of first contact or is not eligible or does not wish to accept the prize (as described below), the Sponsor may disqualify that potential winner and select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the remaining entries received.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) where permitted by law within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
8. PRIZES: Three (3) grand prizes will be awarded and will consist of two (2) admission tickets to the 2013 Super Bowl on February 3, 2013 in New Orleans (the “Game”), lodging in the New Orleans area (one hotel room) for three nights and roundtrip economy airline transportation to the Game from one of the Bay Area airports (San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland to New Orleans). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $3,000. All prize details will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no guarantee as to the location of the seats for the Game and exact seats will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of the Game. Winner and guest must comply with all stadium rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize. Game date and time determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner and is subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded will govern in the event a legal game, exhibition or event, as defined by the team, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Game may be removed. Sponsor will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of the Game. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded by Winner, unless authorized in writing by Sponsor. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance. Prizes will be reported as income to the Winner and the Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prize.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the NFL Entities, and each of their parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any error that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost or late entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. CONTEST RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 49ers Forever Faithful Super Bowl Sweepstakes, 4949 Centennial Blvd., Santa Clara, CA. 95054. Requests must be received within three (3) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. VT residents omit postage.