49ers Game Day Security Policies
The San Francisco 49ers security protocols have been evaluated every year by the National Football League based on their Best Practices for Stadium Security and Best Practices for Fan Conduct. Every year the 49ers have received a level “1” evaluation, which is the highest level that can be achieved.
- Code of Conduct: The 49ers have a clear and comprehensive Code of Conduct for Fan Behavior. All reported violations are handled at different levels of enforcement dependent on the severity of the violation.
- Security: Candlestick Park security consists of both private and San Francisco Police Department personnel.
- Parking Lot Security: Candlestick parking lots are patrolled by the San Francisco Police Department and Landmark Security personnel.
- Alcohol Management Teams: Alcohol management teams are deployed within the stadium to ensure compliance with policies and Penal Code statutes.
- Texting Program: The 49ers have an effective texting program which allows fans and/or game day employees to report unruly behavior anonymously.
- Fan Complaint Investigation: All serious complaints and/or reports of bad fan behavior are investigated and appropriate actions, up to and including season ticket revocation, are undertaken.
- Ejection Process: Unruly fans are ejected from the stadium. Such ejections are documented and staff follow-up to ban such persons from future games.
- Ticketing Responsibility: Tickets of any season ticket holders engaged in inappropriate behavior may be revoked.
a) Tailgating or loitering in parking lots during or after kickoff is not permitted: fans must enter the stadium or exit the parking lot.
b)Parking lots open no earlier than four hours prior to kickoff.
c) Cars that stage outside the parking gates before they are opened will be cited by the police.