Yes, this is still going on. By now you have likely seen the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge take over your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds. It has now taken over your beloved Niners Daily.
Before we get into the icey entertainment, let's address the cause. This social media stunt is designed to drive donations to the ALS Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to fighting the disease.
If you are not sure exactly what ALS, or Lou Gherig's Disease, is and what it does to the body read this 'About ALS' section from the association's web site.
If you would like to donate, here is where you can do so.
And now, we bring you the members of the 49ers who have participated in the challenge so far.
The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown, Ric Flair
Kap Doesn't Get Cold
Willis Dives In
CEO Jed York Doubles the Fun
Harbaugh Shares Spotlight with 49ers Writers
>>BONUS BUCKET: President George W. Bush Accepts Harbaugh's Challenge
Aldon Gets Trent
Cully Teams with Patton
Wilhoite Does The Kobe Bryant
49ers Executives and Our Very Own Scott Kegley
WHO DID IT BEST? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.
MORE FROM 49ERS.COM:
- READ: Reid Details Training Camp Experience
- READ: Who Will Be SF's Third WR?
- READ: 49ers Launch 'Forty Viners'
- READ: Kap Calls Foot Injury a 'Non-factor'
- READ: Harbaugh - We Can Win with Looney
- READ: How Much Will Kap Play vs. San Diego?
- READ: Offense Seeks Precision in Passing Game
- READ: All 49ers Headlines
- WATCH: 49ers Mic'd Up Series
- VIEW: 49ers Photo Galleries