With The Win...
- The 49ers improved their all-time record against the Cardinals to 27-17 and 16-8 at home (16-5 at Candlestick Park).
- The 49ers improved their record to 16-3-1 at home since head coach Jim Harbaugh took over in 2011, giving San Francisco the 3rd highest winning percentage (.825%) in the NFL during that time span [GB – 17-1, .944% (away); Bal. – 16-2, .889% (at home vs. GB)].
- The 49ers improved to 27-7 when Gore eclipses the 100-yd. mark, and 33-7-1 when he carries the ball 20 times or more.
- Harbaugh improved his overall record to 28-9-1 (.750) as a head coach since he took over in 2011, giving him the 3rd best win percentage in the NFL [Before Sunday*Bill Belichick, NE (29-8, .784); Mike McCarthy, GB (28-8, .778)].
- Harbaugh improved to 9-1 in the month of October since taking over in 2011.
- Harbaugh improved his record to 10-4-1 vs. the NFC West and 4-1 against the Cardinals.
Turning The Tide
- The 49ers defense forced 4 turnovers in the game and converted each of those into points (1 TD, 3 FGs). Over the past three weeks, the 49ers have turned all 10 turnovers they have forced into points (6 TDs, 4 FGs).
Controlling The Clock
- With 1:07 remaining in the 3rd qtr., QB
Colin Kaepernickengineered a crucial 18-play, 89-yd. TD drive that took 9:32 off the clock, to extend the 49ers lead to 29-20. The 18-play drive is the longest in the NFL this season.
- The 49ers offense converted 3 of 4, 3rd down plays and went 1 for 1 on 4th down in the series.
- With the 32 points scored vs. Arz. today, it marked the first time since 2003 that the team has surpassed the 30-point total in three consecutive games [12/7/03 vs. Arz. - 50 pts., 12/14/03 at Cin. - 38 pts., 12/21/03 at Phi. – 31 pts.].
Vernon Lights it Up
Vernon Davisfinished the day with 8 recepts. for a career-high 180 yds. and 2 TDs. This marked his 6th career multi-TD game, and 2nd of the season. His first score came on a 61-yd. TD strike and the second on a 35-yd. pitch and catch, both from QB Colin Kaepernick. Davis now has 6 TDs on the season and 46 in his career.
- Davis became the first tight end in franchise history to record a TD recept. of 60-yds.-or-more in consecutive weeks [64-yd. TD recept. vs. Hou (10/6)]. The last NFL tight end recorded 60-yd. TD recepts. in consecutive games was Cin. TE Bob Trumpy [78-yd. TD vs. SD (9/21/69); 80-yd. TD vs. KC (9/28/69); 62-yd. TD at SD (10/4/69)].
- Davis registered 7 recepts. for 171 yds. and 2 TDs in the first half. This marks the 3rd time he had 100-yd.-or-more in a half [104 yds. in 2nd half at GB (11/22/09); 101 yds. in 2nd half vs. Phi. (10/10/10).
- Davis’ 171 rec. yds. in the first half are the most by any player in half this season. The last tight end to have at least 171 rec. yds. in a half was Broncos TE Shannon Sharpe [172 rec. yds. in 2nd half at KC (10/20/02)].
Bolding Reaches Milestone
Anquan Boldinnotched his 800th career recept. on a 7-yd. pass by QB Colin Kaepernick, becoming the 4th fastest in NFL history to accomplish that milestone, doing so in 146 games (WR Marvin Harrison – 131 games; WR Andre Johnson – 137 games; WR Torry Holt – 142 games].
- In his 7 seasons with Arz., Boldin recorded his 400th career recept. in his 67th-career game and his 500th career recept. in his 80th-career game, the fastest to accomplish those feats in NFL history.
- The 49ers offense rushed for 149 yds. and 1 TD on 38 carries. RB
Frank Gorepaced the ground game with 101 yds. on 25 carries.
- This marked Gore’s 34th career 100-yd. game, the 2nd-most among all players since 2005. The 49ers improved to 27-7 when Gore rushes for 100- yds.-or more.
Kendall Huntercapped off an 18-play, 89-yd. drive with a 6-yd. TD run. It was Hunter’s 3rd TD of the season and 7th of his career. His 3 TDs this season set a new single-season career-high.
- With Davis' 180 yds. receiving and Gore's 101 yds. on the ground, it marked the first time since 10/19/03 vs. TB that the 49ers had a 100-yd. rusher and 150-yd. receiver in the same game [WR Terrell Owens – 152 yds. and RB Garrison Hearst – 117 yds.].
When Life Give You Lemons, Make Lemonier
Corey Lemonierrecorded his first career sack and first career safety, bringing down Cardinals QB Carson Palmer in the end zone. It marks the first safety by the 49ers since 11/19/12 vs. Chi. (DT Ray McDonaldtackled Bears G Chilo Rachal in the end zone).
- Lemonier registered his first career FF, jarring the ball loose from Arz. RB Alfonso Smith. The fumble was picked up by LB
NaVorro Bowman, his 1st of the season and 4th of his career, and it led to a 44-yd. FG from K Phil Dawson.
Reid and React
Eric Reidnotched his 3rd INT of the season, picking off Palmer and returning it deep into Cardinals territory. The INT led to a FG by K Phil Dawson.
- Reid also tallied his first career FR, recovering a fumble by Arz. WR Larry Fitzgerald. The takeaway led to a 6-yd. TD run by RB Kendall Hunter.
Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Carlos Rogersregistered his first INT of the season, 16th of his career. It is Rogers first INT since 12/16/12 at NE.
The Return of Willis
- After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, LB
Patrick Willisrecorded his 1st FF of the season, 15th of his career, stripping the ball from Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald. The loose ball was scooped up by S Eric Reid, his first career FR.