With the Win...
- Head Coach Jim Harbaugh becomes the only coach in franchise history to win opening day games in each of his first three seasons. He joins three other active NFL coaches as the only ones to win their first three season openers.
|Jim Harbaugh||San Francisco 49ers||2011-13|
|John Harbaugh||Baltimore Ravens||2008-10|
|Mike Tomlin||Pittsburgh Steelers||2007-09|
|John Fox||Carolina Panthers||2002-04|
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the 49ers have been at .500 or better for each of Jim Harbaugh’s 33 career games. That’s the longest active streak to start a career since Pit. head coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers were .500 or better for each of his first 34 games (2007-2009).
- Harbaugh improved his record to 5-1 vs. the NFC North as a head coach.
- The 49ers defeated the same team on consecutive opening days for the first time since they beat the Saints at NO (9/3/95) and vs. NO (9/1/96).
- The 49ers have won three consecutive season openers for the first time since 2001-03 (2001 – W vs. Atl.; 2002 - W at NYG; 2003 - W Chi.).
- The 49ers have won three consecutive games, including the playoffs, against GB for the first time since 10/18/81-12/06/87.
- The 49ers improved their opening day record at Candlestick Park to 10-4.
- The 49ers improved their record to 16-4 under head coach Jim Harbaugh when scoring first.
Moving the Chains Through The Air:
- The 49ers registered 17 passing first downs vs. GB, the most by the team since 10/10/10 vs. Phi. (18).
Colin Kaepernickset the 49ers franchise record for most passing yards in a season opener as he completed 27 of 39 atts. for 412 yds., 3 TDs and a QB rating of 129.4. The previous mark was set by QB Steve Young, who threw for 363 yds. vs. NYJ (9/6/98).
- Kaepernick’s 412 passing yds. are the 11th most in a single-game in franchise history. He is the first to surpass the 400-yd. passing mark since QB Tim Rattay [417 yds. vs. Arz. (10/10/04)].
Anquan Boldinhauled in 13 recepts. for 208 yds. and 1 TD. There have been only three 10 catch, 200 yd. receiving performances on Kickoff Weekend in NFL history and Boldin has two of them. In his NFL debut with the Arizona Cardinals, Boldin had 10 recepts. for 217 yds. and 2 TDs at Det. (9/7/03). The only other player with such a game on Kickoff Weekend is Dallas’ Frank Clarke, who had 10 recepts. for 241 yds. and 3 TDs on 9/16/62.
- Boldin’s 208 rec. yds. set the 49ers franchise record for most rec. yds. on opening day. The previous mark of 169 rec. yds. was held by WR Jerry Rice vs. LA (9/5/94).
- Boldin is the first 49er to register at least 10 recepts. in a game since TE
Vernon Davisnotched 10 recepts. for 102 yds. vs. Ten. (11/8/09).
- Boldin’s 208 rec. yds. are the 2nd-most in a single-game in his career and his 13 recepts. are t-2nd most in a single game.
Anquan Boldin Most Single-Game Rec. Yds.
Anquan Boldin Most Single-Game Recepts.
Davis Finds the End Zone:
- TE Vernon Davis registered his 5th career multi-TD game, as he hauled in 6 recepts. for 98 yds. and 2 TDs. It’s Davis first mulit-TD game since 9/16/12 vs. Det. (5 recepts. for 73 yds. and 2 TDs).
- Davis’ 6 TD recepts. vs. GB are the most by a tight end in NFL history, according to STATs, Inc.
- Davis has tallied at least 1 TD recept. in all five regular season games against Green Bay.
Gore Scores Game Winner:
Frank Gorenotched his 52nd career rushing TD, securing the 49ers 4th qtr. come-from-behind win. Gore scored on a 1-yd. run to cap off a 5 play, 80-yd. drive.
Reid Snags His First:
- Rookie CB
Eric Reidnotched his first career INT off Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. Reid became the first 49ers rookie to intercept a pass on opening day since both DB Don Griffin and CB Tim McKyer each registered an INT at TB (9/7/86).
Sack You Very Much:
- With 1.5 sacks vs. GB, LB
Aldon Smithmoves into a tie with Vikings DE Jared Allen for the most sacks in the NFL since the start of the 2011 season with 35.0 sacks.
Knocking it Loose:
NaVorro Bowmannotched his 2nd-career FF, stripping the ball from Packers RB Eddie Lacy. The loose ball was scooped up by CB Tarell Brown, marking his first-career FR. The takeaway led to a 10-yd. TD pass from QB Colin Kaepernick to WR Anquan Boldin.
Making Their Debut: