With The Win...
- The 49ers improved their all-time record against the Texans to 2-1.
- The 49ers improved their overall record in prime time to 65-33 and to 39-15 at home.
- The 49ers improved their overall record on Sunday nights to 14-11 and 10-5 at home.
- The 49ers improved their record to 15-3-1 at home since head coach Jim Harbaugh took over in 2011. San Francisco has the 3rd highest winning percentage (.816) in the NFL during that time span [GB – 17-1 (.944); Bal. – 16-2 (.889)].
- Harbaugh improved his record against the AFC to 8-2, giving him the best record by a current NFC head coach against the AFC.
- Harbaugh improved to 8-1 in the month of October since taking over in 2011.
- Harbaugh improved his record in prime time to 8-3.
- Harbaugh improved his record vs. the AFC South to 1-1.
Putting Points on the Board
- The 49ers 21-point lead at halftime was tied for the largest halftime lead under head coach Jim Harbaugh [21 points (24-3) vs. TB (10/9/11) – San Francisco won 48-3].
- The 49ers won the game by 31 points, marking the largest margin of victory for the team since 10/7/12 [42 points vs. Buf., 45-3].
Forcing the Issue
- The 49ers defense forced 4 turnovers against Hou., marking the first time the defense forced 4-or-more turnovers in a game since 12/16/12 at NE (2 INTs, 2 FRs).
- All 4 takeaways were converted into points [24 points, 3 TDs and 1 FG].
- The 49ers recorded 3 INTs on the night, marking the first game with 3-or-more INTs since 12/19/11 vs. Pit. (3 INTs).
Brock and Roll
Tramaine Brockregistered his first career multi-INT game and the first by the 49ers since 1/1/12 (CB Tarell Brown– 2 INTs at StL).
- Brock picked off Texans QB Matt Schaub and returned it 18 yds. for a TD, marking his first career TD and third career INT. It is the first INT returned for a TD by the 49ers since 11/25/12 [S
Donte Whitner(42-yd. return) and LB Ahmad Brooks(50-yd. return) at NO].
- Brock notched his 2nd INT of the day, picking off Schaub and returning it 13 yds. The INT led to a 2-yd. TD run by RB
Are You Ready for Jerod-Eddie
Tony Jerod-Eddieregistered his first career INT, picking off Schaub. This marks the first INT by a 49ers defense lineman since DT Ray McDonaldreturned an INT 31 yds. for a TD at Car. (10/24/10).
Pulling the Ball Loose
- S Donte Whitner stripped the ball from RB Ben Tate, for his first FF of the season and 7th of his career. He also recovered the loose ball, marking his first FR of the season and 6th of his career. His last fumble recovery came on 12/30/12 vs. Arz.
Applying the Pressure
- DT Ray McDonald sacked Texans QB Matt Schaub, giving him 1.5 sacks on the season and 14.5 for his career.
Michael Wilhoiteregistered his first career sack, bringing down Texans QB T.J. Yates.
Ground and Pound
- The 49ers offense rushed for 177 yards on 36 carries (4.9 avg.).
Frank Goreled the way with 81 yds. rushing and 1 TD on 17 carries. The 1-yd. TD run by Gore marked his 3rd TD of the season and the 54th of his career.
- RB Anthony Dixon registered his 2nd TD of the season, 8th of his career, on a 2-yd. TD run. This marked the first time in his career that Dixon registered a TD in back-to-back games [1-yd TD run at StL (9/26/13)].
Vernon Stretches the Field
Vernon Davishauled in a 64-yd. TD pass from QB Colin Kaepernick. This marked the third-longest TD reception in his career [73t at StL (1/3/10); 66t at GB (12/5/10)].
Making the Start