Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin bumped into the right person during his April visit to the San Francisco 49ers.
“He’s cool. He kept telling the coaches to get me here,” Benjamin, a projected first-round pick this week at the NFL Draft, said on 95.7 The Game on Monday. “He wanted to see me in football pads.
“It was great meeting with the coaches, I love the organization, the weather out there is great. There’s not too much (more) you would want out there.”
RELATED: Get to Know Top WR Prospects
At 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds, Benjamin ran a 4.61 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. He caught 54 passes for 1,011 yards and 15 touchdowns, including the BCS Championship game-winning score.
In addition to meeting San Francisco's signal-caller, Benjamin said he ate lunch with wide receiver coach John Morton, toured the newly-named SAP Performance Facility and Levi’s® Stadium before seeing veteran players and sitting down with Jim Harbaugh to watch film.
“They teach you, I would say, five percent of their playbook, and then you relay out back to them on the (white) board, drawing up the plays.”
The redshirt sophomore said he also visited with the Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals and Miami Dolphins, among others.
- READ: 49ers.com Mock Draft 2.0
- READ: What Experts Said about Kaepernick Selection
- READ: Evaluating SJSU QB David Fales
- READ: 49ers GM Shares Draft Criteria for WR Prospects
- READ: Rice's 40 Time Still Relevant in '14
- READ: Davante Adams Uses Basketball as Advantage
- READ: Baalke Explains Power, Pitfalls of Social Media
- READ: Meet SF's Draft Day Crew in NYC