For 43 seasons, the 49ers have gone by one address: 602 Jamestown Avenue in San Francisco, Calif., 94124. Many other aspects of Candlestick Park – including its name, field, fans and tenants – have changed over these five decades. The ‘Stick, as it came to be called, stood still, but it moved with the times, always keeping pace.
Until now. In the same way the team sped past Kezar Stadium in the 1960s, it has outgrown a building which hosted five World Series’ but not a single Super Bowl. With this in mind, 49ers.com looks back before another switch, in 2014 to Santa Clara’s Levi’s® Stadium. After all, home is where the heart is – no matter the address – and you always ask your friends to help you move.
This was how our comprehensve Candlestick Park timeline commenced. In case you missed it, or our informative infographic, we have created this hub for all 'Stick content. Look forward to the final home game by first looking back, one quarter at a time.
FIRST QUARTER: Stories
SECOND QUARTER: Photo Galleries
- Candlestick on "Monday Night Football"
- The Top Moments in Candlestck's Past
- Behind the Scenes at The 'Stick
- Landscape Shots Through the Years
- Celebrities and Entertainment on the Field
- Dwight Clark's "The Catch" in Pictures
- The Faithful, Always Dedicated, in Photos
THIRD QUARTER: Video
FOURTH QURTER: Audio