The San Francisco 49ers will host the Green Bay Packers at 5:00 p.m. PT, Saturday, January 12, at Candlestick Park, in the Divisional Round of the 2012 NFL Playoffs. This game is presented by State Farm and can be seen nationally on FOX and heard locally on KNBR 680 AM, 107.7 FM The Bone and KTRB 860 AM ESPN Deportes. This week’s game is currently sold out. Fans looking for tickets to Saturday’s game should visit the NFL Ticket Exchange, the only ticket re-sale site officially supported by the 49ers and the NFL.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THIS WEEK’S 49ERS GAME
Gameday Entertainment and Features
- Returning to Candlestick Park to perform the national anthem will be the iconic Bay Area rock band Huey Lewis & The News. Completing the rock, rhythm and blues of the band’s sound are founding members Johnny Colla, Bill Gibson and Sean Hopper, as well as Stef Burns and John Pierce. Also performing with the band are San Francisco Bay Area luminaries Marvin McFadden, Rob Sudduth and Johnnie Bamont. During the national anthem, the colors will be presented by the San Francisco Police Department. The field will be covered by an American flag unfurled by service men and women from Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, CA
- Pregame entertainment will feature Bailey, who will perform his hit Who’s Got It Better…? The song, which he released for the NFC West Division Champions in 2011, reached over 100,000 views within its first seven days of release on YouTube and has been adopted as the 49ers touchdown song during the 2012 regular season
- Halftime entertainment will include legendary Bay Area rap icon E-40. His homegrown record label, Sick Wid’ It Records, did much to cultivate a flourishing rap scene in the Bay Area. E-40 was among the first West Coast rappers to sign a major-label deal and has gone on to release numerous hits, including his most recent, Function
Gameday Features & Giveaways
- Upon entrance, 49ers faithful will receive a playoff rally towel presented by State Farm®
- Following a 49ers victory, coupons for two free tacos courtesy of Jack in the Box will be available upon exit
- Other 49ers partner booths in the Grand Plaza include Sports Gallery, THE BONE and Great America (JinkoSolar Gate), U.S. Bank and Bud Light (Bud Light Plaza), and Verizon, State Farm® and the KGO Pre-Game Show broadcast (Verizon Gate)
The Candlestick Park parking lots are currently scheduled to open four hours prior to kickoff (1:00 p.m.). Should circumstances require an earlier opening, the schedule will be adjusted accordingly.