The San Francisco 49ers claimed tackle Michael Philipp off waivers from the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday. In order to make room for Philipp on the roster, the team waived quarterback
Philipp originally signed with the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2014. He was then waived by Cleveland on May 19 and later signed with the Miami Dolphins on May 28.
A 22-year-old native of San Bernardino, Calif., Philipp played collegiately at Oregon State, making 48 starts at left tackle.
Faulkner was signed as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2014.
- READ: 13 Things We Learned from Harbaugh
- READ: Defense Records Four Turnovers
- READ: Hyde Impresses at Camp
- READ: Bethea Confident in 49ers Secondary
- READ: Culliver Returns as Starter
- READ: Ward Challenges Top Wideouts
- READ: Smith Enters Training Camp Healthy
- READ: Gore Readies for Battle
- READ: Johnson Wants to Contribute
- READ: Kaepernick Confident in Super Bowl Chances
- READ: Bowman Involved in Roster Transaction
- READ: How Harbaugh, 49ers Found Faulkner